“We may have found a cure for most evils; but it has found no remedy for the worst of them all – the apathy of human beings.”Helen Keller
“You are not a burden:http://www.Pinterest.com
1. because of mental illness
2. for having needs
3. because you’ve experienced trauma
4. when in need of support
5. when self care feels too difficult
6. when asking for help
7. for having a chronic illness
8. when feeling lost
9. for feeling strongly
“Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.”Aristotle
“Sometimes you have to paint your gold heart black so that the monsters can’t find you.”Erin Van Vuren
“Apathy is the acceptance of the unacceptable.”John Scott (www.GreetingIdeas.com)
“There it goes again. That heavy feeling in your chest when you don’t feel any desire to speak or move. All you want to do is close your eyes and sleep, because the process of being broken is incredibly exhausting. You attempt your best to make your days fulfilling, but no matter how hard you try you can’t seem to connect to anyone or anything.”http://www.HeartfeltQuotes.BlogSpot.com
“Reminders for Hard Days:http://www.Pinterest.com
1. A bad day does not equal a bad life. You are not this struggle.
2. Not all thoughts are true.
3. Feelings are not facts, but all your feelings are valid, real and allowed.
4. The only way out is through.
5. Your worth is not contingent on circumstances. You are lovable and enough, always.
6. Nothing stays the same. Life guarantees this.
7. You can’t be everything to everyone, but you can be true to yourself.
8. Be gentle with yourself and trust your inner voice, strength and resilience.
9. You’re not alone. It’s okay to ask for help and be vulnerable.
10. Focus on the things you can control. Let go of the rest. This is easier said than done.
Self-Soothing (How to Make Yourself Feel Better)http://www.BlessingManifesting.com
1. Low lighting
2. Soothing colors
3. Sleeping masks
4. Coloring books
6. ASMR videos
1. Soft things
2. Cuddle things
3. Hot/cold shower
4. Heated/weighted blanket
6. Squeezy things
1. Calming noise
3. Nature sounds
4. Binaural beats
5. Guided meditation
6. Music playlists
2. Time outside
5. Fresh air
6. Find your smell
1. Something yummy
2. Eat slowly
3. Strong flavors
4. Something healthy
5. Nostalgic flavors
6. Warm drinks”